An honest ego in a healthy body
1. An honest ego in a healthy body.
2. An eye to see nature.
3. A heart to feel nature.
4. Courage to follow nature.
5. The sense of proportion (humor).
6. Appreciation of work as idea and idea as work.
7. Fertility of imagination.
8. Capacity for faith and rebellion.
9. Disregard for commonplace (inorganic) elegance.
10. Instinctive cooperation.
– Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin Fellowship “Assets”
A manifesto doesn't tell you what you should do, and neither gets into the finer details of the how, yet it’s much better at keeping people aligned than a standard operating procedure.